Sunday, September 4, 2011

Time for Oatmeal

Well, the time has come for Aaron to try out oatmeal or rice.  First we tried the rice and well that did not go over so well.  I figured that since he had been getting rice in his bottles for a "nightime" bottle that I could make it a little more thicker than that.  Nope!  He ended up spitting it out every time I would put the spoon in his mouth.  I later got advice that oatmeal would probably be better, so my next trip to the store I buy oatmeal.  I made it as directed on the box for babies for feeding and well I got the same result!  The next piece of advice I received was to add a little bit of baby fruit to it, so I bought applesauce and bananas.  Today we tried the bananas in the oatmeal and he showed some faces.  So I remade it and this time added the applesauce.  Of course I couldn't feed it to him fast enough and well he became frustrated and threw a fit!  So, needless to say I have yet to have a successful feeding of oatmeal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment