Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Approaching Two

It is safe to say I am not very good at this blogging thing.  It has been over a year since I have blogged anything!  We are three days away from officially having a two year old, and let me tell you it has been an adventure.  He is starting to have a big attitude with mom and dad, temper tantrums are in full swing and the over all not wanting to listen is an every day thing.  Yes, we are in the terrible twos! 

Aaron is always full of surprises, he learns something everyday!  For Christmas he got his own TV to watch his Mickey Mouse and Elmo.  Before we knew it he could start the DVD on his own, take it out and put in a different one, turn the DVD player and TV off.  It was just crazy how much he caught on to in such little time.  Currently Mickey Mouse and Elmo just don't do it for him anymore, now its The Big Bang Theory.  He is always asking for Sheldon!  Of course once we turn it on he goes on with his playing and running around, but as long as its playing he is good.  Now that we are in warmer weather we are outside almost every day playing.  He is so good at recognizing relatives and saying who is who when we are around family.  He hasn't mastered everyone quite yet, but he is getting there.  It is safe to say that he is just like his momma and is very shy.  He will talk and talk about someone and as soon as we see that person, he doesn't say a word! 

As for mom and dad right now, we are just living life and thankful for all the wonderful blessings God has given us.  We are trying to get into the swing of going to church every weekend, Saturday or Sunday.  We attended Trinity Fellowship for Easter service and Aaron loved the music.  I feel like that is just where we belong right now, the people are great and very welcoming.  We started the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace a couple of weeks ago and are so excited to start saving up money and going into full effect of the "debt snowball."  I have my sister to thank for introducing us to him.  It is very hard to get started on, but in just the first couple of weeks I feel accomplished!  I highly recommend his books to anyone looking for that little push. 

It has been two and a half years since I have been in school.  There were a lot of downs trying to get through that situation.  I recently found out that I will be able to go to Clovis Community College to finish my RN.  I only have to retake my sciences since they are greater than five years and after that I can get started.  God has done amazing things!  I ask that you all please keep me in your prayers as I prepare for this journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment